Are you passionate about sport and physical activity? Do you love working with children to make a difference and impact on their learning and wellbeing? Can you be a positive role model to inspire and motivate children? Would you relish the opportunity to work alongside a friendly, supportive and hard-working team? If so, this apprenticeship opportunity may be perfect for you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible, creative and committed individual to join a happy, vibrant and skillful team.
The community Sport and Health Officer (CSHO) Apprentice has an important role to play in improving the health and wellbeing of children, families and communities by delivering fun, inclusive and engaging activities that help to bring about a change in physical activity habits.
The successful applicant will be employed to work under the direct instruction of teaching staff. In brief, the role will be likely to include the following:-
- Carrying out an audit of PE, physical activity, sport and wellbeing related provision.Use recognised tools such as Youth Sports Trust
- Active Schools Planner to develop a needs analysis and baseline data set for the school.
- Working directly with pupils across all key stages.
- Working collaboratively with a wide range of partner organisations.
- Planning activity programmes
- Promotion of active lessons
- Educating pupils about healthy eating and healthy lifestyle choices.
This is just a brief list of duties, full details will be given at interview.
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised and adaptable
- Punctual and reliable
- Basic report writing
- Confident undertaking basic Maths and Literacy tasks with groups of children based on the current national curriculum requirements
- Passionate about working with children and young people
- A positive role model
- Interested in sport and physical activity
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Driven to achieve high levels of performance at all times
- Able to use initiative
- Positive attitude and flexible approach
- Good team player
- Determined and committed to learn and succeed
- Committed to the safeguarding of children
This is the average working week, however this can be agreed with the suitable candidate.
Total hours – 35 – Weekly Wage: £168.35 (this is monthly paid, pro rata)
Minimum Level 2 qualification in a relevant field
Level 2 NGB Qualification (desirable)
Competent in Literacy and Numeracy to Level 2
Training to be Given:
Level 3 Community Sport & Health Officer
Aspire Training Solutions
You will be supported in your personal development and provided with the underpinning knowledge, skills and experience for the following:-
Careers within the Sport Coaching industry
Careers within the Education sector including Behaviour and Learning Mentors, Teaching Assistants and Primary Teaching
Potential further employment with the employer
Opportunity for further education
Candidates successfully achieving this apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for membership with the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as a Practitioner.
About the Host Employer:
For the duration of the apprenticeship you will be employed by The Apprenticeship Works, and Lakey Lane Primary school will be your host employer.
They are a school with a big heart and sky-high expectations. They strive to ensure that all their children are safe, secure and successful so that they have the best start to their life. They firmly believe that children must be happy and safe in order to be academically successful. They, therefore, empower and nurture the children so that they can achieve personal success in all aspects of their life. They want their children to be aspirational and to have high hopes for their future. They do this by having the highest expectations of their achievement and by providing exceptional pastoral care.
Their curriculum, is underpinned by the national curriculum, is inspirational and challenging. They have built a curriculum that is relevant, enjoyable and suitably challenging for all of pupils. Their curriculum has been designed to find the talents of all their children and to prepare them for an ever-changing world.
They value the partnership between home and school and always value feedback and suggestions.
|Job Category||Sport and Health Officer|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Expected Start Date:||October 2022|
|Training Provider:||Aspire Training|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Community Sport & Health Officer|