Equality & Diversity Policy
& Supporting Strategy
The following statement outlines the organisational policy across The BCTG Group. This includes BCTG Limited, PTP Training and Eurosource Solutions. It is also the policy adopted by Group Partner companies, Further Training and The Apprenticeship Works. From this, each individual business develops their own specific procedures to implement this policy.
The aim of this policy is to provide equality of opportunity for BCTG Group learners and staff alike to ensure the development of their full potential in an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff, learners and partners are recognised and valued.
We incorporate equality into our core objectives, making every effort to eliminate discrimination, create equal opportunities and develop good working relationships between different people. We are required to consider all individuals in their day to day work, in shaping policy and in providing services.
- The Policy will reflect the BCTG Group Mission, Vision and Values
- The operation of the Policy will be open and transparent
- The Policy will operate to ensure that Ofsted requirements are fully met
- The requirements and expectations of this Policy will be clearly communicated to all staff, learners, employers and partners.
- Health and safety
- Safeguarding and Prevent
What Are Your Rights?
By law, you have certain rights over your personal information:
- To receive a copy of your information
- To ask us to correct any errors
- To delete it once we no longer need it
- To ask us to stop using your information in a certain way
- To ask for certain information in a portable, electronic format
- To object to certain uses of your information (for example, marketing and automatic profiling or decision making)
To make a request for any of the above, please contact email@example.com
This will be achieved by
- Responding to the Equality Act 2010, the Human Rights Act (1998) and guidance from relevant external bodies such as the ESFA and Ofsted
- Promoting fundamental British Values throughout all training programmes
- Implementing and monitoring an E&D improvement plan ensuring that staff, at every level, have a responsibility to adopt and embrace the policy
- the composition of learner participation in relation to gender, race and disability
- the gender, race and disability of those learners who leave their training programme early
- learner achievement and progressions by gender, race and disability
- the incidence and nature of learner complaints reported under the grievance, discipline and harassment procedures
- Reporting our monitoring data through our quality improvement processes
- Providing training to staff and partners in their responsibilities to promote equality and to value the diversity of individual differences and contributions which strengthens our community of learning
- Ensuring that complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination are taken seriously
- We recognise the importance of safeguarding and address bullying, sexual harassment, Prevent and Online safety with all employees through our Safeguarding policies our wider policies and procedures. All staff are made aware of the lines of reporting of concerns in relation to Safeguarding, welfare and wellbeing.
- Our values reflect the importance of Equality and Diversity and CPD is updated accordingly to reflect inclusive practice and understanding within BCTG.
- Reviewing the policy annually or more frequently in response to changes in legislation or statutory guidance
- The elimination of potential barriers to achievement for learners and staff where those barriers may be the result of the protected characteristics defined in the Equality act 2010
- The fostering of good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- An environment where all beliefs are recognised
- Continually improving learners’ achievement rates
- A working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued
Policy review This policy will be reviewed annually by The Group Governing Body.