Typical jobs include Childcare Worker, Child Support Worker or Youth Care Worker
Residential Childcare workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care.
In this role you could:
- Check the needs and progress of residents
- Provide physical care, which could include bathing, toileting, dressing and feeding
- Provide one-to-one advice or group support sessions
- Teach daily living skills like budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits
- Provide leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting
- Help residents to deal with problems and become independent
- Talk with residents' families and arrange family and home visits
Your training will usually be a mix of one to one sessions at your workplace, group work and online resources.
Apprenticeships for Children & Families Practitioner
Taking That First Step
Our experience is in supporting, developing and working with Individuals and Employers to deliver the best learning solutions possible.
If you think this could be for you simply fill in our enquiry form and one of our Advisers will get in touch. There's no commitment or obligation, simply your chance to find out more.